Mobile Tech Lead
Canada, Quebec, MontréalEngineering and Development
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
Curious about our challenges?
Much has been done, but it’s far from over. We are currently working to review our technological environment and our work processes to redefine ourselves and move to the next level and we’re aiming for world-class. Think about efficient, highly scalable, and responsive infrastructures, think interoperability, think multiple languages, think security - where to start! GDPR, PIPEDA, SOC2, and so on - we work in healthcare, that's a given.
What to expect when joining the team
As a Mobile Tech Lead, you will play a key, pivotal role within the Mobile Team. You will act as a technological expert, innovator, and evangelist within your team, as well as with external stakeholders. You will act as a pillar to build a second to none mobile user experience and play a key role in determining the strategy to achieve it. You will contribute to changing Petal’s technological future both by participating in strategic technological decisions and orientations, as well as by sharing your knowledge to level up your team’s experience.
Let’s talk stack
The Mobile application is built on React Native library for delivering solutions both for iOS and Android. The app uses modern tools, such as Hooks for managing the local state, Redux for global state and React-Navigation for navigation. Also, we use Jest and React-Native-Testing-Library for unit and component test and Typescript, ESlint and Prettier for static testing. The backend is fed by Ruby on Rails. It mainly consists of APIs built on top of Redis, ElasticSearch, Sidekiq, Docker and MySQL. This backend coordinates multiple different data streams and allows for complex healthcare ecosystems to be optimized and efficient. Our frontend apps utilize modern frameworks such as Angular, RxJS, Redux, and Storybook. Quality being at the center of our principles, all of this code is tested using frameworks such as Jest as well as end-to-end testing libraries and services. Finally, we strongly believe in a continuous delivery approach and have achieved a strong maturity in this regard, deploying code in production environments multiple times a day.
Your daily life
As a Mobile Tech Lead, you will:
- Solve complex problems, optimize the performance of the app and guide architecture choices;
- Work closely with the PO, SM and other team members to ensure the progress of the various team deliverables;
- Accompany, advise and guide other team members;
- Provide recommendations regarding mobile development to your team and play a key role in technological decisions;
- Ensure the quality of the code and compliance with programming standards and security standards;
- Ensure a balance and sustainability of knowledge with the team;
- Keep a constant watch on technological developments;
- Participate in the development of functionalities.
So what are we looking for?
Are you an experienced and motivated mobile developer, known for your great attitude, work ethic and both your hard and soft skills? Are you motivated by the unique opportunity to serve a greater purpose in the Healthcare industry through innovative solutions enabled by people, data and technology? The sky is the limit! If you have :
- 8+ years of experience in software development, with an experience with React Native;
- Experience in coaching team members and providing technological guidance;
- Familiar with native IDEs such as XCode and Android Studio;
- Experience with deploying a mobile app in production;
- Understanding of modern application development frameworks/libraries such as but not limited to Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, NestJS, GraphQL;
- Strong knowledge of security best practices in application development;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail;
- Solid understanding of mobile and web application development frameworks;
- A demonstrated ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines;
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written;
Petal’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to. Post-pandemic, Petal employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, from day 1;
- An annual wellness allowance of $250;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Leapsome™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.
Join us in our mission to empower healthcare innovators and improve healthcare differently.