Canada, Quebec, MontréalEngineering and Development
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
Launch your career while making a positive impact on society by joining one of Canada's fastest growing healthcare technology companies.
What will your daily life look like?
Reporting to the Director of agile practices, you will be led to:
- Participate in the facilitation of various Agile organizational events required for 2 teams (Example: Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Retrospective, etc.);
- Continuously ensure that team members understand Agile principles and evolve in terms of maturity;
- Ensure the application of the concepts of continuous improvement, technical debt and introspection in order to improve processes, delivery fluidity as well as team mobilization;
- Assist the team in identifying issues/blockers and act as a facilitator in their resolution;
- Protect your team from major distractions that may affect mobilization or impact the flow of delivery;
- Establish effective inter-team communication processes;
- Support product managers, technical leads (staff dev, tech lead) or any other key role to ensure optimal fluidity of product value delivery;
- Intervene in case of conflict;
- Participate in cross-functional activities at the organization level;
- In collaboration with other SMs, establish and actively participate in an Agile community of practice;
- Become a real partner with your PO(s) by supporting them on a daily basis through organization, implementation of tools and proposal of workshops;
- In collaboration with the Director of Software Development of the vertical in which you will be dedicated, help resolve complex, specific or delicate situations;
- Keep up to date with best practices.
So what are we looking for?
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a Scrum Master is desired but any other related experience with similar responsibilities to the role is relevant;
- Must have supported 2 teams in parallel;
- A palpable passion for your craft – be able to tell us about accomplishments that you are proud of!
- In-depth knowledge of Agile concepts, frameworks and philosophies (scrum, kanban, nexus, tdd, bdd, devops, quality culture, continuous experimentation) - be willing and interested in solving complex problems and coaching, training and mobilizing your colleagues around best practices;
- Leadership – collaborative, inclusive and human;
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence) an asset;
- A believer in the Agile Mindset and practice/adaptation over theory;
- Collaborative - the ability to work harmoniously with others and have a constructive/oriented approach to challenges;
- Experience in a high growth company (asset);
- An interest in the healthcare field (asset);
- Have recognized certifications in the field (e.g. PSMI, PSMII, PSK, PK) (asset);
- Fluency in French is mandatory, minimum intermediate level of English required.
Petal’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to. Post-pandemic, Petal employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, from day 1;
- An annual wellness allowance of $250;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Leapsome™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.