Canada, Quebec, MontréalProduct Management and Strategy
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
Grow your career and have a positive impact on society by joining one of the fastest growing health tech companies in Canada. Join us in our mission to empower healthcare innovators and improve healthcare differently.
What to expect when joining the team
As a Technical Writer, you will help create, review, and maintain Petal’s product-related documentation. As part of the product management team, you will work closely with product owners, engineering, designers, product marketing and customer success to create resources that don’t just document what the product does, but that propels a user from novice to power user.
Your daily life
Based out of the province of Quebec, will the possibility of working remotely or in hybrid mode with either our Montreal or Quebec City offices, you will be led to:
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionalities;
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation;
- Research terminology that fits the different markets, and that is market and/or language specific;
- Write documentation in the same marketing voice that is established, in collaboration with the marketing team;
- Work within a SCRUM team, and leverage the user stories as a primary source of documentation;
- Assist other departments in producing material for internal courses, webinars, white papers, RFPs and other product related documents;
- As the company grows and develops new markets, manage the translation of the mobile and web-based applications;
- Participate in the creation of team policies and procedures, conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures;
- Produce high quality product documentation.
Are you a Technical Writer who lives by the philosophy that great product development is a team sport? Are you recognized for your ability to be openminded and respectful of others, as well as being confident and decisive? Do you stand out for your ability to tailor your message about the product to a different audience at any given time? The sky is the limit! If you have:
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English or French writing;
- 4 years of experience acquired in a software development environment or equivalent;
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skills;
- The ability to understand technical requirements, such as API definitions;
- Strong analytical, technical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong collaboration skills, the ability to adapt and work harmoniously with others;
- Experience in the healthcare industry (asset);
- The capacity to multitask, context-switch and handle a volume of work;
- High organization standards – and are proud of it!
- Full English-French proficiency.
Petal’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to. Post-pandemic, Petal employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, including dental;
- An annual wellness allowance;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Flexible work hours and more