Director of Software Development
Canada, Quebec, QuébecEngineering and Development
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 250 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
What to expect when joining the team
Reporting to the VP Technology, your main role will be to build, support and grow development teams motivated to make Petal a world class software shop.
Your daily life
As a Director of Software Development, you will:
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of our products, while maintaining a healthy and engaging climate;
- Convey and evolve a departmental technology culture where the development of members' skills and abilities is central to success;
- Lead and reinforce company values and culture in daily behaviours, management style and employee expectations;
- Inspire teams by empowering them to take ownership of their actions and results;
- Provide guidance, mentoring and coaching to development teams and individuals, conducting employee assessments, evaluating performance and helping people grow in their careers;
- Ensure the conditions for success to enable the teams under your responsibility to be engaged, successful and able to manage change;
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities between the different groups in order to foster healthy collaboration;
- Participate in setting up and/or improving work methods in order to be as agile and as efficient as possible;
- Demonstrate your mastery of software engineering fundamentals through a demonstrated understanding of product design, lifecycle, software development practices and support services;
- With the help of Scrum Master and Tech Leads, anticipate problems and take appropriate action to propose solutions;
- Collaborate on strategies to attract and acquire new talent in order to foster rapid and sustainable growth of the team;
- Collaborate in the overall management of the product development department to ensure cohesion and smooth operation;
- Push boundaries and innovate to have a positive impact on resources, quality, schedule or budget;
- Contribute to various organizational business projects;
- Ensure continuous improvement of internal processes;
- Participate in programs that elevate our company's brand within the community.
So what are we looking for?
You are an experienced software development manager, known for your ability to deal with constraints with pragmatism and creativity? You stand out for your great interpersonal skills and your positive, solution-oriented approach? Are you looking for an opportunity to make your mark and participate in the evolution of a growing company? The sky is the limit! If you have :
- More than 10 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years in management;
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field;
- Past experience as a software developer;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a natural ability to provide feedback and quality coaching;
- Demonstrated managerial courage with a unifying leadership style;
- The ability to evolve independently in a complex and changing environment;
- A solid understanding of agile methodologies;
- A strong interest in understanding the products with which your teams work;
- Experience in hiring qualified and diverse talent;
- Bilingualism in English and French.
Petal’s position on remote working
In our opinion, a company cannot claim to be modern, innovative and have the well-being of their team at heart, without attempting to integrate remote working to the level that their business model allows them to. Post-pandemic, Petal employees will continue to benefit from the option of teleworking up to the maximum flexibility permitted by the nature of the position and the smooth running of operations.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, from day 1;
- An annual wellness allowance of $250;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Leapsome™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.