Business Development Director (ON)
Canada, Ontario, TorontoSales
Founded in Quebec City in 2010, Petal is a dynamic and growing company made up of over 300 enthusiasts who have developed innovative real-time care orchestration and medical billing solutions for Health Delivery Organizations. Patient self-scheduling, clinical capacity management, care coordination, physician scheduling and secure communication, all on our innovative and secure cloud platforms.
Grow your career and have a positive impact on society by joining one of the fastest growing health tech companies in Canada. Join us in our mission to empower healthcare innovators and improve healthcare differently.
What you can expect when joining the team
Based out of Ontario, and reporting to the Vice-President of Business Development, the Business Development Director is responsible for creating, managing and delivering on the annual plan and strategy for their assigned market, with oversight of large and complex deals at an institutional level, partner alliances, government relations and global RFP leadership, focusing on our Care Coordination and Capacity Planning suite of products.
This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit to help the Business Development team build opportunities for a fast-growing company, including the creation and development of new enterprise sales opportunities through above-average relationship building. Strong professional presence, communication, influencing, political acumen and planning skills will enable you to be successful in this role.
Your daily life
During the day, you will be led to:
- Uncover and pursue new business development opportunities through networking, relationship building, and market research with a focus on government entities, health authorities and large hospital networks;
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities with a long sales cycle from inception, to nurturing, to closing;
- Take a lead role in developing business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships;
- Bring expertise in navigating deals through the sales process and identify key elements required for successful deal pursuits;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders in the healthcare technology industry, including with large consulting and system integrator organizations;
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management and drive effective collaboration across the pursuit team, including Inside Sales and Account Executives;
- Identify opportunities for custom solutions that can be modeled and built for specific strategic opportunities. Partner with product, sales engineering and customer success teams to evaluate the feasibility of those;
- Grow your network and Petal’s brand awareness by attending relevant conferences, workshops and industry events;
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate our value proposition, positioning Petal as the clear number one choice for prospects;
- Enter, update, and maintain activities in Hubspot CRM.
Are you a goal-oriented, self-motivated business development professional, known for your capacity to build relationships? Are you looking for the opportunity to participate in the growth of a high potential company within a rapidly evolving environment? Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can be independent and leave your mark? The sky is the limit! If you have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in solution selling within the healthcare technology industry;
- Experience dealing with governments, ministries or large corporations where the typical sales cycle is over 18 months;
- A demonstrated ability to multithread and access C-level executives;
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills;
- The potential to manage small teams and/or work efforts;
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy;
- Fluent in English, French is an asset.
- A signing bonus of 1 000$ for your remote work set-up;
- Compensation that recognizes your contribution;
- 4 to 6 weeks of vacation per year;
- 5 paid personal days per year;
- A group RRSP / DPSP plan with employer contributions;
- A complete group insurance plan, from day 1;
- An annual wellness allowance of $250;
- Access to the Dialogue™ telehealth application;
- Access to the Leapsome™ employee engagement application;
- Flexible work hours and more.